Ich finde das Abo auch so Schrott. Du kriegst uralte Regelbücher, die keinen Sinn mehr machen und White Dwarfs, die völlig veraltet sind. Selbst für Hintergrundfanatiker kann man eher auf Lexikanum für lau gehen. Die Animationen gab es doch bislang kostenfrei bei Youtube, also sehe ich da jetzt gar kein Verkaufsargument.
Im Grunde bekommst du also nur Klimbim und den Zugang zur 40k App. Das haben die imho nur gemacht, weil kaum jemand 5-6 Euro nur für die App ausgeben wollte. Jetzt kriegt man halt wertloses Zeug dazu. (Die Mini könnte ganz nett sein, aber die braucht doch kaum jemand, der nicht genau die Fraktion spielt?)
Ps: Die AoS App war schon immer kostenlos, beinhaltet die Grundregeln und die Einheitenregeln. Du kannst auch kostenlos Armeelisten bauen. Allerdings kannst du Battletomes dort für Geld kaufen (sehr viel günstiger als die Bücher) und kannst die "richtige Armybuilder" Version für Geld benutzen.
Auf Goonhammer hat jemand den imho perfekten Kommentar darüber geschrieben. Genau meine Meinung! Achtung Textwall incoming.
This will probably go down in history as the perfect example of consumer conditioning trough price anchoring.
Let's see what we got here :
- Some Vip content for the event, barely anyone care or will have any use out of it
- The Vault, some old publications, but not TOO old, just old enough to be oudated, but not old enough to be rare or about old stuff like Warhammer Fantasy. If at least it contained ALL the out of date GW stuff from their earliest days, including army books and codexes, sur, why not, but as it is, its worthless.
- Some youtube content that will try to compete with the mountain of already existing content and that should have been free since it's basically promotional material for their game. What they are doing here is selling you ads.
- Animations, ie the big thing they hyped up, most of it being stuff they basically forced the creators to remove from youtube after it was paid by patreons or maide on their own dime for free, to paywall it in that service. That already sounds bad, but where it gets way worst is when you realize they are going to launch the sub with only 2 shows... and not even 2 complete shows but onces that will be released one episode at the time each weeks. This is a bad joke and I dont see why anyone would sub for. Just wait a couple of months when more stuff will be released. As for their actually quality, I'll be that guy and say that I'm REALLY not impressed by the cartoon art style and I never liked the style of the guy they poached after his Hellreach video, it looks like what it is, a machinima, and while it's pretty cool as a piece of fanmade content, it's just not good enough for something we are asked a sub to watch.
And the rest? Welp your guess is as good as mine since we haven't seen anything outside of a Tau face that had the most ridiculous and out of place dick sucking lips possible, something that Tau never had. Sure, Astartes 2 will be brilliant, but it's literally a show paid by patreons that has been abducted by GW.
-The Apps... I think everyone here is in agreement, they are bad and nobody gives a **** when something like battlesrcibe exists.
- And last but not least, the minies. Ofc you can only get one "for free" and have to pay for the other.
On one side you have a a minie that is unusable for gameplay purplose since its base is ridiculously over-designed and too big. On the other you have a mini so forgetable and generic that literally NOBODY even care to mention its existance, and what's more insulting is that it's a mini for a faction that is in a dire need of new content.
While thos minies are pretty meh overall, they are still carrying HARD the overall value proposition of that subscription service.
60 buck for an exclusive mini is (sadly) a decent deal as far as GW standard goes, and this will lead me to my conclusion that pick up what my intro put down : The only reason people are not throwing rotten fruits to that sub is because of GW very strong price anchoring strategy.
They have drilled into the mind of its consumer some pretty insane prices, to the point where everyone was expecting them to price their sub the same way WoW or Netflix would have, so the simple fact of "only" pricing it at Disney+ price makes it suddenly look attractive, despite literally containing a whole bunch of NOTHING.
Just look around, the only good thing people can say about this sub is either "it's cheap" (compared to what I expected) or "It's a lot of content!" (but I dont give a **** about 80% of it). Its pure fomo and conditioning at work, "Omagad it's cheap so it's a bargain and I should get it!"
In the end the only redeeming factor of that sub is the mini, which is overpriced but "collector" (as collector as a mini that will be shipped to the gazillion of people that will sub can be).
What could they have done to make that sub actually worth it?
Welp, easy, put content that have some real value in there : The library of BL audiobooks, all the CURRENT books, have more than the first episode of two shows up at launch.
Will I sub? Hard to say, it will all depend on if I can flip thos minies to make my money back of not tbh, and I suspect that so many people will try to do the same that it's going to be like trying to sell a Necron Royal Warden on Ebay.
Edit: Oh btw, How much do you want to bet they are going to increase the price of that sub as soon as they got their sub based installed? Also, I dont know what Kenji is on about on his last text, but the sub for a year is 60, and if you do it on a monthly basis its around 72 dollars.